Sunday, September 5, 2010

David Bond

I chose this class because it seemed like an interesting concept.  I also liked the idea of analyzing fairy tales through all of the different view points.  The psychoanalytical approach looks the most interesting to me.  It will be interesting to compare stories from different cultures and to read the different variations.
I hope to gain a better understanding of some of the themes and lessons in the stories and to just learn about fairy tales in general.  It would be cool to learn the history of fairy tales too.  I don’t really remember many stories from when I was younger so it will be good to hear some of them again.
My favorite fairy tale of all time is Jack and the Beanstalk.  I like it because as a kid I used to climb trees a lot so it was cool to hear a fairy tale about climbing something that high and evading a giant.  Another one of my favorite tales is Beauty and the Beast.  I don’t know if I’ve ever read it but I watched the Disney movie a lot.  I like it cause of the castle and the showdown between the beast and the other guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment